Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My review of The Third Peril

Thank you very much to Goodreads and L.P Hoffman for the opportunity to read and review a copy of The Third Peril. I would like to start out saying, why on earth did I put this book off for a few months to read some others?!?! When I first received this book sure it did not jump out at me, but when I started it two days ago, I found that I just could not put it down.  

There are many different characters and it switches often through the book. That was probably the biggest reason that I didn't want to put down the book….I enjoyed all the characters and their stories that I wanted to keep reading to find out what would happen next. For me the description of the book does it little justice. This book does begin with a child (Connor) receiving a message from an Angel and while that plays a large part of the book, the book is so much more.

The character that I enjoyed the most was Zeke as I am certain he was an Angel, or at least it appeared as so in the book. His unwavering faith and how he affects each and every character in the story was incredible to me and made him so likable I thought the author did a nice job of slowly piecing together what had occurred between David and Paige to cause a strain in their brother-sister relationship, and I kept waiting for Paige to give in and forgive her brother who was so obviously still hurting from the situation. Nora was another favorite character of mine and she really was such a sweet lady that just wanted to see the good in everybody. I started to guess that Joel had something to do with Nora after he met with his sister in New Orleans and was thrilled he was able to find a way to North Dakota with Zeke to figure out his family situation. It had a pretty intense, but very realistic story line.

I honestly loved how the book played out from start to finish and I am glad that in the end, the unwavering faith that Connor had regarding everything he had been told by the Angels, was proven true. I stayed up very late both nights I was reading this and can admit it was so very hard to put the book down at times. I cannot remember the last time I have read a book that had me wanting to read through the entire night just to finish it. In the end I smiled at the end of this book because while most would say it ended stereotypical, I would say that yes…most of it was very happy, but there were also some very sad situations that ended as such. I would recommend this book to both my friends of faith and those that might not quite be there yet because the ultimate message that I took from this book is that we all need something to believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment