Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Start With Why review

I received a copy of “Start With Why” to read and review from my online book club 12 books and the author Simon Sinek. 12 books has been a great source of personal development and I am very grateful to be an active member of this group.  This book was a book that I had heard about from other leaders in my network marketing business, so I was very glad to have the opportunity to review this book for the book club.

The basis of this book is that there is more to being a leader than just getting things done. As a leader you need to be able to inspire everyone to take action and to do that you need to be able to reflect your why clearly. Your why is your reason for being in business, the underlying goal you have to help others, your mission in life; Your why can be simply what gets you up every morning and what motivates you to work through the rough patches you will inevitably hit.

I really enjoyed all of the examples that the author used to show examples of businesses having success by following their why and examples of businesses that have been in it for the wrong reason and have failed. Simon Sinek was excellent in conveying these stories to the reader and uses examples of businesses that we are all well aware of (Southwest Airlines, Apple, Microsoft, Walmart, Costco, etc).

I would recommend this book to fellow business leaders, friends, and anybody looking to understand business dynamics (why many fail and few succeed). After reading this book, I have found myself thinking often what is the driving force behind what I do? What gives me energy just when I think I have none left? Very important stuff to reflect on if you want to have a successful business and leave a legacy that others will use as an example in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Start With Why is a great books written by Simon Sinek.in this book you get great idea about marketing business.

    business books

    ReplyDelete