Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finding me....

I've come to the realization that I need to give up the facade that things are always great. They're not...and they're not for most people. What I have realized is that we have choices in our happiness and unhappiness BUT, we do have the right to sometimes have a bad day, maybe an extra glass of wine, and just overall be in a bad mood. Life is full of ups and downs, how we get through them is what makes us who we are. Sounds a bit cliche I'm aware, but it is a true statement. Everyday we are put into situations where we have choices in how to react, and only I can choose the outcome. It's kind of like those books we used to read in elementary school about "Choosing your adventure", lol if you remember those! I choose success, happiness, and loving who I am (flaws and all)! Not a vent, just a bit of self realization that came about after a conversation with a good friend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kris! :) It felt really good to get out all of what is sometimes bottled inside.

    ReplyDelete