Thursday, May 23, 2013

My review of "My Adventures As A Young Filmmaker"


I was given the opportunity to read and review this book courtesy of TheReadingRoom.com and to say I loved it would be an understatement. I have been a fan of Andrew Jenks since the first season of “World of Jenks” on MTV and was incredibly excited that the show is finally back on.

While the show does an amazing job of sharing the lives of other individuals and their struggles and victories, it is not often you hear too much about Jenks himself. I really enjoyed how well written this book was and the background of the man behind the camera. He is an incredibly hard working man that has earned and deserves every ounce of success he has achieved through his documentaries and show (as well as his wonderful crew and friends that have helped him along the way).

It’s nice to hear how supportive his family is of him and how he chooses to go against the norm in regards to the documentaries he makes and the individuals he follows on his show. Anybody that is a fan of the show would love this book and it was definitely a book that I couldn'
t put down after starting. Not yet a fan or know of Andrew Jenks? Then pick this book up and you will be by the time you complete the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment