Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nae'body's Hero Review




I was given the opportunity to read and review this book courtesy of the author Mark Wilson. It took a couple chapters to get into the book and I’m usually not a big fan of switching characters every chapter, but it worked for this book. I love how their intertwined at the end and watching the progression of each of the characters’ personalities and the growth that they each made throughout the story.

Robert Hamilton, Arif Ali, and Kim Baker all had interesting backgrounds and stories. There were a lot of historical references in the story leading up to September 11, 2001. Like the author states at the end of this book, I only wish that it all was true. Robert has Super hero powers of sorts and is very intent on doing only good and never taking a life. He makes it his mission to help everyone that he can as he can speed across the world in seconds.

Overall I really did enjoy this story and without giving too much information, I absolutely am a big fan of anything with a good amount of historical references and information that I can further Google. The portrayal of the terrorist training camps was eerily similar to what I have read in the past and heard from others. It is terrifying and does offer some compassion for the boys that are often forced into these positions in horrifying ways. I definitely would recommend this book as it was enjoyable and an interesting read.



No comments:

Post a Comment